Originally from Gloucestershire, England, James is a graduate of Oxford University in England. He first came to the US to work for and train with legendary 5-time Olympian and 14 time US National Champion Bruce Davidson Sr. Whilst working for Bruce for 6 years, James produced horses from Training level to the 3* level, and finished 2008 ranked the 15th overall rider in the country. In 2009 James moved to California's East Bay area and has since had tremendous results in the competition arena. In 2011 Jumbo's Jake and Parker gave James an eye catching debut at the Rolex Kentucky CCI4*, the highest level the sport has to offer, when capturing 14th and 17th places. Later that year international wins with Jumbo's Jake at Woodside CIC*** and Galway Downs CCI*** helped James to end the year ranked as the number one rider on the west coast, as well as 5th overall in the US and 21st in the world. 2012 brought more success, highlighted by taking both 1st and 2nd places at the Galway Downs CIC*** as well as CCI*** and claiming Woodside's CIC** and CIC***. This led to ending the year ranked as the west coast's number one rider for the second consecutive year, 7th in the US and 18th in the world. This depth of experience in the competition arena on a great range and variety of horses and his extensive personal training from legendary trainers such as Bruce Davidson, Olympic champions Andrew and Bettina Hoy, and international showjumper John Mastin, give James a wealth of knowledge as a trainer. James is currently the only Category A rider on the west coast giving him the opportunity to catch ride any horse at the CCI three star and four star level.
James is an enthusiastic trainer and enjoys sharing his knowledge and expertise with his students so they can achieve their goals. He has a large group of riders at all levels to take to events up and down the West Coast. Alongside teaching and training James also pursues an active sales business, sourcing quality horses using his extensive contacts both in the US and back in England. His competition success along with his passion as a trainer and confidence-giving teaching style make James Alliston Eventing synonymous with excellence in training of both horses and riders.
Contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-588-1725 to schedule lessons or clinics. All levels are catered for riders from beginner to advanced.
James Alliston has been based in the East Bay since 2009. He has designed a training program with goals of producing top riders and horses to compete in three day eventing, show jumping and dressage. He brings his experience and success in competition towards building a strong training program for both riders and horses so they may achieve their personal goals and build new ones for the future.
Interested in learning more?
Committed to helping our customers achieve their dreams
- Total of 6 CIC/CCI three star wins and 4 four star completions with three inside the top 20.
- 2nd place CIC three star at Woodside
- 2nd place CIC three star Rebecca Farm
- 1st place CIC three star Galway Downs
- 14th place Rolex Kentucky four star
- 1st place May Woodside Advanced
- 2nd place CCI three star Rebecca Farm
- Young horse RevitaVet Elijah: 3 wins at the Intermediate level
- 1st place Twin Rivers Advanced
- 2nd place CCI one star Twin Rivers
- Clear cross country completion Rolex Kentucky four star
- 1st place Preliminary Challenge at Woodside International
- 4th place CCI 3 star Rebecca Farm
- 4th place CCI 3 star Oct Woodside International
- 1st place CCI 2 star Galway International
- 3rd place CCI 3 star Galway International
- 1st place CCI 2 star 7 year old